About Website Shop


January 5, 2015

SORT YOUR HEAD OUT

As it's the start of a new year I'm trying out a few apps and websites to help with sleep, exercise, scheduling, planning and de-cluttering.

I got into this as both my housemates were using it, it works by tracking the hours of sleep you get in a night and measuring it's quality as a percentage. After ten days of use it creates a graph so you can compare each night to the next. It also has a smart alarm which aims to wake you up during your lightest sleep, therefore making getting up seem easier! I always thought I was quite a deep sleeper but apparently not... I think with Christmas my sleep hasn't been great anyway so I'm aiming to go to bed earlier and try to get more zzz's. (around 99p for iphone/android)






I started using this a few days ago and I've already seen an increase in likes and clicks, simply because I'm posting more. It basically lets you schedule posts at any time you like, so you don't have to do them there and then. There's a plugin for your internet browser too, so if you see something you'd like to share you can schedule it right away. I've only got the free version at the moment so I'm not sure what the upgrade gives you, but I find it fine as it is for me. 




I only completed the first session this morning, but it was really easy and great way to start the day with a clear head. Each course runs over ten days, the first was a ten minute meditation/mind training exercise which just got you to relax and focus on your breathing. I'm going to complete the rest of this course and see if it makes a difference. The interface is also really lovely with cute graphics and easy to navigate options.





This is a minimalism/style blog which apart from looking lovely, has amazing tips and charts to help you to start leading a more minimalist life and live more simply. I, like probably many other people just assume that minimalism means getting rid of your stuff and having a bare room/house with only a few possessions. Also this does have a lot of advice about de-cluttering, it's also about cutting down on other non-tangible things like information overload, too many commitments and negative thoughts. 

I've already started to cut down on my facebook use and unfriend/unfollow people who are no longer present in my life. It sounds quite harsh, but it makes sense that if you have all these meaningless updates and clutter, your mind will be affected. Next I'm going to try the minimalist wardrobe tips...








I'd love to hear of any other recommendations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment