About Website Shop


March 5, 2014

LE WEEKEND

A busy one. We finally had our flatwarming party which went very well and everyone seemed enjoyably drunk. 

I've since had my Mom visiting for a couple of days which was lovely :) We went around Covent Garden for a little while before getting Sunday lunch at Hawksmoor Seven Dials - not cheap by any means, but the service is wonderful and the Sunday lunch includes a very amazing cut of 'Longhorn beef' - medium rare of course ;) They did make a little mistake as my Mom ordered hers well done, so we got a free dessert in return!

On Monday we went to see the Richard Deacon exhibition at Tate Britain - sculpture isn't normally my thing but we both really enjoyed it and had a quick wander around the permanent exhibition too - made me think I should go there a lot more often. It's so peaceful and an amazing place to spend an afternoon. I came across a painting called 'The Deluge', by Winifred Knights (who I actually hadn't heard of before) which I fell in love with - I'm going to look more into her work as I adore the sort of flat, cubist way she paints figures. After that we had a few drinks in The Cross Keys Covent Garden, and then went for pizza at Franco Manca; 'ma new fave.

The Deluge, 1920 / Winifred Knights / Tate Britain

Then on her last day we went for breakfast near my flat, to Counter Cafe in Hackney Wick. It was actually nice enough to sit outside too :) I had French toast with berries, syrup and toasted almonds, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment