About Website Shop


February 1, 2014

MUNCH

I'm meant to be blogging about all the things I've been up to but this completely slipped my mind... 

I went to Street Feast's Hawker House last week and ate some amazing food. I wanted to take pictures of everything but Mr. H had a go at me and said 'You're not going to be one of those people, are you?' - I suppose I had to agree...

Anyway, I managed to snap our 'starter' before he managed to eat it - we had the 10hr Slow Roast Short Rib & Crunchy Nut Fried Chicken Tacos from Breddos Tacos - so good.



I've never been to Street Feast before but I think it was outdoors last year, it's now set up temporarily in Hawker House (near Broadway market) and open on Fridays/Saturdays for eight weeks. I'm hoping to go again before it goes! It's a mix of street food traders and bars all set up in a few rooms - its so smokey when you enter as they are pretty much bbq'ing indoors.

We then abandoned tradition and went for dessert next (so they didn't run out!) and went for Chai and Almond & Bacon and Maple Syrup Brownies from Bad Brownie - again, amazing. It was like eating dark matter as they were so dense, but surprisingly the bacon & syrup one was my favourite, I can't get enough of salt/sweet together (also adore chocolate covered pretzels)

Lastly we had 'dinner' and went for a Skinny Beef Brisket, Coleslaw & BBQ sauce from Miss P's Barbeque. Can't recommend enough - and it's even better without a bun. I was literally bursting at this point so that was probably wise anyway...

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend if you fancy something different one evening, and it's open till midnight so you could make a night of it and maybe head somewhere afterwards. I really need to start making homemade coleslaw, it's so good. May even attempt the bacon brownies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment