About Website Shop


August 28, 2014

I SCREAM FACTORY

 
 



Last night I went to the I Scream Factory's show at Hoxton Gallery where my friend John was exhibiting some pieces; I helped with his photographs, getting covered in buttercream and sprinkles in the process...! I haven't been to Hoxton Gallery before, it's on Kingsland Rd and the space is an old archway so has an amazing curved roof and exposed bricks.

The show was based on a quote from a Jim Jarmusch film and considted of photographs, a film projection and some installations all based around ice cream. It's on until 31st August if you want to catch it... 

Inspired by a segment of Jim Jarmusch's Down By Law (1986) in which Bob Benigni, an Italian cellmate, quotes from his “book of English” – “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream”. This line becomes a maniacal recitation. Ice Cream, a fast-melting delicacy, seems to embody various dimensions of life itself. Delicate yet cold, and of ephemeral pleasure... and those who eat it, know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment