About Website Shop


July 10, 2014

COOKIN'

 

I actually cook a fair bit but don't think I've shared much on here apart from a few pics... maybe I'll start doing regular recipes :)

My favourite is definitely breakfast food and I love making American pancakes in the morning. I usually just guess the amounts now as I've made them so often, but I started out using the Sam Stern recipe and sort of adapted it from there. He makes a lot of effort with separating egg whites etc. but I've never bothered with all that. Sorry for my 'pinches and sprinkles' - I don't really weigh everything properly!

American Pancakes

120g plain flour
15g caster sugar
2 eggs
150ml milk (or just add until consistency is right)
Sprinkle of baking powder
Pinch of salt
Knob of butter
Butter / oil for frying

Blueberries (optional to add into mix)

I generally just mix everything together in one, adding milk at the end to achieve a thick consistency which is similar to custard. Then melt the butter/oil on a medium heat in a good non-stick frying pan, and add a dollop of the mixture when hot (a ladle is a good measure for each one) 

Fry on each side for a few minutes until golden, then keep in a warm oven until they're all done. Then stack 'em high and add a topping...


Blueberry sauce
Punnet of blueberries
10g caster sugar
Water

On a high heat, add all ingredients to a small pan and mix together. Heat until bubbling and sugar has melted, then keep hot until the pancakes are ready. I like to mash up a few of the blueberries too for a good sauce. You could use any fruit for this, raspberry & blackberry or apple & pear is nice too. 


Bananas & Bacon
Bacon (streaky works well but any other kind is fine too)
1 banana per person

I fry the bacon off and keep warm, then in the same pan add some butter and fry slices of banana for a few minutes on each side. Great with maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment