About Website Shop


January 18, 2014

BACK

So I'm finally back in the world, well the digital one at least.

I've had no laptop for two weeks as a certain somebody (accidentally of course) dropped my laptop and broke the hard drive. I have therefore lost everything on there and had to wait all this time for the repair company to order a new one in. Actually it's been quite a good lesson in that I shouldn't rely on it too much! But I really wanted to get stuck into my freelance work and blogging after Christmas and it really set me back, as well as me having to let down clients with deadlines (not good at all) 

In other equally annoying/bad news, my little Metro has finally bitten the dust D: I drove me and my housemate home for Christmas and on the way back it started to make the most horrendous crunching metal noise, so we had to get towed back to London along with Birdy and Percy (the chihuahua) a very comical site if I wasn't so gutted about my car.... I just can't afford the repairs anymore and I don't necessarily need a car in London, it's just handy for trips back to Cambridge and the Midlands really. I may have to create a fairwell illustration for him!

I've been out and about at a couple of galleries this month, firstly the Paul Klee show at the Tate Modern and Republic of the Moon at the OXO Tower. I also had pizza and beer at Crate last Thursday eve and took a trip to Wakefield last Saturday for my last illustration meeting for the Sex Education commission. Exciting stuff! The meeting was great fun and I'm looking forward to getting the book laid out and printed. Oh if anyone knows of any good printers in London they could recommend, do let me know :)

So a very up-and-down month/year so far, but hopefully it will start to be a bit more stable from now. I'm working at the Decorative Fair all of next week which should be really fun, although sadly I won't be able to afford anything on offer...!

I'm heading back home now London now after a couple of days in Cambridge - I need to go and buy a birthday present. On a Saturday. In London. Help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment